All inclusive private experience
• Discovery of the most famous UNESCO sites in Champagne and the historic hillsides of the Vallée de la Marne
• Visit of a family of winegrower/independent producer of Champagne
• Minimum 6 Champagne tastings and 3 local spirits
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE EXPERIENCE
- Enjoy an unforgettable private day from Reims to Epernay. Visit the most beautiful villages and vineyards, while passing through breathtaking places of the region which are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Cathedral of Reims, place of coronation of the kings of France, a UNESCO listed site, is the first essential step of your stay in Champagne.
Before giving you the opportunity to explore the interior of the structure, your guide will explain the Cathedral’s history and mysteries.
- In Epernay, the capital of the Champagne vineyards, drive through the Avenue de Champagne where the superb mansions and production buildings of the Champagne Houses Moët & Chandon, Perrier Jouët, Pol Roger are located.
- Discover the Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards and villages with historic hillsides which were listed in 2015 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and predominantly planted with Pinot Noir.
- Meet a family of independent producer/winegrower with an explanation of the Champagne production process, visit their presse, winery and cellar. The visit will be followed by a commented tasting of several of their Champagnes.
- In addition to the Champagnes, there is a tasting of the 3 famous Champagne spirits : Ratafia, Fine de la Marne and Marc de Champagne from the Goyard Distillery, which is the oldest in Champagne.
- The village of Aÿ-Champagne was the main center of the Champagne industry. In the 16th century, the kings of France had their own wine presses here and the wines of Champagne used to be called “Wines of Aÿ”. The vineyard is classified as Grand Cru at the highest level of the Appellation.
On our visit to this historic village and its well-known vineyard, we’ll discuss the vineyard management, the different grape varieties, the exceptional Terroir and sustainable viticulture.
The tour includes a stop in front of the headquarters of the famous Champagne Houses in Aÿ such as Bollinger, Deutz and Ayala.
- When visiting Hautvillers called the “Cradle of Champagne”, enjoy a private tour of the Church where you will be able to visit the grave of Dom Pérignon known as the spiritual father of Champagne.
- We will pause to enjoy the magnificent panorama of Champagne overlooking the Vallée de la Marne, the place where Dom Pérignon carried out his experiments in winemaking.
It is the ideal place in the heart of the vineyards to take unforgettable photos of you and this breathtaking landscape.
- For lunch, we have selected for you Champagne and dining bars appreciated by the locals in order to share this convivial moment*.
On the menu, to accompany your glasses of Champagne, for example : gourmet platters of charcuterie and cheese with bread and salad, ready-made farm meals, pâtés, regional biscuits and coffee.
When booking your tour, please inform us if you have food allergies or have any dietary requirements.
*Depending on the day of the tour, the lunch location may vary.
From Epernay :
If you are a small private group of more than 3 people and depending on the weather/season, the vehicle will not be the electric E-Mehari, but a Premium minivan or van. The electric E-Mehari will be open or not depending on the weather of the day.
From Reims :
The guided tour will start in Reims. We will also cross the Regional Natural Park of the Montagne de Reims and its magnificent forest to reach Epernay.
Depending on the weather/season, the vehicle will not be the electric E-Mehari, but a Premium minivan or van.
See our vehicles
Pick-up locations and times
Departure from Epernay :
• 9:30 am in front of the Epernay Tourist Office or at the Epernay train station.
• On request : other times and meeting places in Epernay or in the surrounding villages*.
Departure from Reims :
• 9.30 a.m. in front of the Reims Tourist Office, at the Reims center train station or at the TVG Reims-Bezannes station (15 min. from Reims).
• On request : other times and meeting places in Reims or in the surrounding villages*.
From Paris, direct trains will allow you to join us in Epernay or Reims. From Reims, join us also in Epernay by direct train or taxi.
*For all pick-ups within a radius of more than 6 kms (3.7 Miles) around these cities, please contact us before booking, as this may involve additional costs. Contact us
Booking and cancellation conditions: See our conditions
Discover our other tours
Full day tours
Gold Champagne Experience
In private or group from 225€
Half day tours
In private from 185€
THE Must Sees +
In private from 175€
THE Must Sees
In private from 155€
In small group from 115€