The Must Sees
The Must Sees
All inclusive private experience
• Discovery of two famous vineyards and villages among the historic Champagne hillsides : Aÿ and Hautvillers
• Visit of a family of winegrower/independent producer of Champagne
• Minimum 3 Champagne tastings
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE EXPERIENCE
- Discover the 2 famous villages and vineyards of Aÿ-Champagne and Hautvillers near Epernay in the historic hillsides of Champagne listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, mainly planted with pinot noir.
The village of Aÿ-Champagne was the main center of the Champagne industry. In the 16th century, the kings of France had their own wine presses here and the wines of Champagne used to be called “Wines of Aÿ”. The vineyard is classified as Grand Cru at the highest level of the Appellation.
On our visit to this historic village and its well-known vineyard, we’ll discuss the vineyard management, the different grape varieties, the exceptional Terroir, and sustainable viticulture.
The tour includes a stop in front of the headquarters of the famous Champagne Houses in Aÿ such as Bollinger, Deutz and Ayala.
- Meet a family of independent Champagne producer/winegrower with an explanation of the champagne production process, visit of the press, winery and cellar. The tour will be followed by a tasting of several of their Champagnes.
- When visiting Hautvillers called the “Cradle of Champagne”, enjoy a private tour of the Church where you will be able to visit the grave of Dom Pérignon known as the spiritual father of Champagne.
We will pause to enjoy the magnificent panorama of Champagne overlooking the Vallée de la Marne, the place where Dom Pérignon carried out his experiments in winemaking.
It is the ideal place in the heart of the vineyards to take unforgettable photos of you and this breathtaking landscape.
Transportation from Epernay :
If you are a small private group of more than 3 people and depending on the weather/season, the vehicle will not be the electric E-Mehari, but a premium minivan or van. The electric E-Mehari is convertible or not depending on the weather of the day.
See our vehicles
Pick-up locations and times
• 9:30 am or 2 pm in front of the Epernay Tourist Office or at the Epernay train station.
• On request : other times and meeting places in Epernay or in the surrounding villages*.
From Paris, direct trains will allow you to join us in Epernay or Reims. From Reims, join us also in Epernay by direct train or taxi.
*For all pick-ups within a radius of more than 6 kms (3.7 Miles) around Epernay, please contact us before booking, as this may involve additional costs. Contact us
Booking and cancellation conditions : see our conditions
Discover our other tours
Half day tours
THE Must sees +
Full day tours
Gold Champagne Experience
Private or small group