All inclusive private experience
• Discovery of the Côte des Blancs and the historic hillsides of Champagne
• Visit of 2 families of winegrowers/independent producers of Champagne
• Minimum 6 Champagne tastings and 3 local spirits
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE EXPERIENCE
- Discover two different subregions of the Champagne Appellation : The Côte des Blancs known as the kingdom of Chardonnay Grand cru and the Vallée de la Marne, renowned for its hillside vineyards producing Pinot Noir, where the Champagne was born.
- Meet 2 families of independent Champagne producers/growers with an explanation of the champagne production process, visit of the presses, wineries, cellars, and taste many different Champagnes including natural Champagnes (without dosage), old vines, vintages, aged in oak barrels, ect.
- In addition to the commented tasting of 6 Grand Cru and Premier Cru Champagnes, you will also taste the 3 Champagne spirits : Ratafia, Fine de la Marne and Marc de Champagne, produced by the Goyard distillery which is the oldest in Champagne.
- Our discovery route through the vineyards and villages of the Côte des Blancs passes in front of the Château de Saran, a prestigious property of the LVMH group (owner of Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot, etc.) and the production site of Champagne Moët & Chandon.
- A commented passage is also planned in the very famous Avenue de Champagne in Epernay where are located the superb mansions and production buildings of the Champagne Houses Moët & Chandon, Perrier Jouët, Pol Roger.
- When visiting Hautvillers, “Cradle of Champagne”, enjoy a private tour of the Church, where you will be able to visit the grave of Dom Pérignon, known as the spiritual father of Champagne.
- We will stop to admire one of the most beautiful panoramic views of Champagne overlooking the Vallée de la Marne in the hillsides listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO where Dom Pérignon performed his experiments. It is the ideal location to take unforgettable photos of you and the breathtaking landscape.
Here we will also discuss sustainable viticulture and explain the management of the vineyard.
What a program !
Believe me, you will become an expert in Champagne after this tour !
If you are a small private group of more than 3 people and depending on the weather/season, the vehicle may not be the electric E-Mehari, but a premium minivan or van. The electric E-Mehari will be open or not depending on the weather of the day.
The guided tour will start in Reims and we will also cross the Regional Natural Park of the Montagne de Reims and its magnificent forest to reach Epernay.
Depending on the weather/season, the vehicle will either be the electric E-Mehari, a premium minivan or a van.
See our vehicles
Pick-up locations and times
Departure from Epernay :
• 9:30 am or 2 pm in front of the Epernay Tourist Office or at the Epernay train station.
• On request : other times and meeting places in Epernay or in the surrounding villages*.
Departure from Reims :
• 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. at the Reims Tourist Office, at the Reims center train station or at the Reims-Bezannes train station (15 min. from Reims).
• On request : other times and meeting places in Reims or in the surrounding villages*.
From Paris, direct trains will allow you to join us in Epernay or Reims. From Reims, join us also in Epernay by direct train or taxi.
*For all pick-ups within a radius of more than 6 kms (3.7 Miles) around these cities, please contact us before booking, as this may involve additional costs. Contact us
Booking and cancellation conditions : see our conditions
Discover our other tours
Half day tours
Must Sees +
In private from 175€
In private from 155€
In small group from 115€
Full day tours
Gold Champagne Experience
In private or group from 225€