Gold Champagne Experience
Gold Champagne Experience
“Gold Champagne Experience” offer is also available from Epernay and Reims in private from 2 pers.
ALL INCLUSIVE SMALL GROUP EXPERIENCE
• Discovery of the Côte des Blancs and all the famous villages and vineyards of the historic hillsides of Champagne
• Visit of 2 families of winegrowers/independent producers of Champagne
• Minimum 9 Champagne tastings and 3 local spirits
• Convivial Champagne lunch
Highlights of this experience
- During this day you will discover the very famous Côte des Blancs, kingdom of Chardonnay Grand cru and the Vallée de la Marne and its historic hillsides listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO where Champagne is born
- Our discovery tour through the vineyards and villages of the Côte des Blancs passes in front of the Château de Saran, a prestigious property of the LVMH group (owner of Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot, etc.) and the production site of Champagne Moët & Chandon.
A commented passage is also planned in the very famous Avenue de Champagne of Epernay where the superb mansions and production buildings of the Champagne Houses Moët & Chandon, Perrier Jouët, Pol Roger are located.
- Visit 2 families of independent producers/winegrowers with an explanation of the Champagne production process, visit of the presses, wineries and cellars.
Taste many Grand cru and Premier cru Champagnes : natural Champagnes (without dosage), old vines, vintages, aged in oak barrels, ect.
Tastings are commented with tasting advice.
- In addition to the Champagnes, taste the 3 famous Champagne spirits : Ratafia, Fine de la Marne and Marc de Champagne from the Goyard Distillery which is the oldest in Champagne.
- The village of Aÿ-Champagne was the main center of the Champagne industry. In the 16th century, the kings of France had their own wine presses here and the wines of Champagne used to be called “Wines of Aÿ”. The vineyard predominantly planted with Pinot Noir is classified as Grand Cru at the highest level of the Appellation.
On our visit to this historic village and its well-known vineyard, we’ll discuss the vineyard management, the different grape varieties, the exceptional Terroir, and sustainable viticulture.
The tour includes a stop in front of the headquarters of the famous Champagne Houses in Aÿ such as Bollinger, Deutz and Ayala.
- Drive through other villages and vineyards classified Premier cru including Mareuil-sur-Aÿ where the Champagne Houses Billecart-Salmon and Philipponnat are located.
- When visiting Hautvillers called the “Cradle of Champagne”, enjoy a private tour of the Church where you will be able to visit the grave of Dom Pérignon known as the spiritual father of Champagne
- We will pause to enjoy the magnificent panorama of Champagne overlooking the Vallée de la Marn
It is the ideal place in the heart of the vineyards to take unforgettable photos of you and this breathtaking landscape.
For lunch, we have selected for you champagne and dining bars appreciated by the locals in order to share this convivial moment*.
*Depending on the day of the tour, the lunch location may vary.
On the menu, to accompany your glasses of Champagne, for example : gourmet platters of charcuterie and cheese with bread and salad, ready-made farm meals, pâtés, regional biscuits and coffee.
When booking your tour, please inform us if you have food allergies or have any dietary requirements.
Transportation from Reims
Comfortably installed in our Premium Mercedes Van for a maximum of 8 people, your guided tour will begin in Reims.
We will cross the Regional Natural Park of the Montagne de Reims and its superb forest to reach Epernay and its vineyards.
Departure from Reims
• 9:30 a.m. in front of the Reims Center Train station.
Our van “Ay Champagne Experience” will be parked on the right on the forecourt outside in front of the Reims Center Train station.
If you come by train from Paris, we advise you to take the direct TGV train Paris-Reims Center in 45 minutes arriving around 9.15 a.m. and to plan your return after 6 p.m.
Booking and cancellation conditions : see our conditions
Discover our other tours
Full day tours
GOLD CHAMPAGNE EXPERIENCE
Half day tours
Must Sees +