Highlight your visit by sabering your bottle of champagne from family producers in the village of Aÿ !
Sabering means opening a bottle of champagne while using a sword. It's an art in Champagne and I will introduce you to this tradition. After sabering, you can fully enjoy your sabred bottle on site in a friendly atmosphere with discovery of the art of serving champagne and tasting tips. The tasting will be accompanied by Biscuits roses from Reims.
95€ for 2 people
During the day or at 6.30 pm for a spectacular aperitif
Aÿ-Champagne experience invites you to participate in its oenotouristic escapes in the heart of a 100% Grand Cru Aÿ-Champagne vineyard with hillsides listed UNESCO World Heritage.
These guided walks are accessible to all, in the company of Isabelle, your private local guide.
Walking tour of the Aÿ-Champagne vineyard :
• Aÿ-Champagne historic village history
• Aÿ terroir 100% Grand Cru
• Unesco World Heritage Hillsides
• Explanation and demonstration of the work of the vines
• Champagne-making process
+ Champagne tasting at Cité du Champagne
CHAMPAGNE PICNIC EXPERIENCE
Possible in addition to all the half day tours
• Incomparable moment of discovery in the hillsides of Aÿ classified Unesco World Heritage site
• Unforgettable Champagne gourmet picnic among the vines* Grand cru with a bottle for two people of winegrower selected by me
* In case of bad weather, it will take place sheltered
Harvest time in Champagne : in an convivial and authentic atmoshpere, live the harvest in private in the exceptional Aÿ-Champagne vineyard 100% Grand Cru listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Exclusive experience in half a day
(10am - 12.30pm or 2pm - 4.30pm)*
• Harvest discovery and grapes picking immersion in the heart of the vineyard
• Discover of an Aÿ vineyard, terroir 100% Grand Cru classified Unesco World Heritage
• At the winegrower : visit the press, champagne-making process, champagne tastings
Extra during the day
(10am - 4.30pm)*
• Winemaker's lunch "Casse-croûte" with a bottle of champagne for 2 persons
• Discovery tour of the historic village of Aÿ and all its treasures
• Private tour of the abbey Church Dom Pérignon Hautvillers
Possible pick up and drop off from the place of your convenience (from hotels, bed & breakfasts, champagne houses, museums, restaurants, tourist offices) or at a meeting point in Aÿ train station car park.
Price : Contact us
* Timetable of tours corresponds to the arrival and departure of the trains Paris/Épernay
Aÿ-Champagne Experience invites you to participate in tasting workshops, convivial moments of exchange, discoveries and pleasures shared at the School of Champagne Wines in Aÿ-Champagne.
Private discovery guided tour of the historic village of Aÿ and its vineyard listed UNESCO World Heritage site (1h30)
Tasting experiences at the School of Champagne Wines in Aÿ (2h) :
Discover Champagnes Wines : "The 3 varieties" or "The 3 grape varieties ant the blend"
• Presentation of the Champagne region and its unique characteristics (climate, subsoil, different grape varieties...), and the different actors that produce grapes and wines in Champagne
• Commented tasting of 3 or 4 champagnes : a Pinot Noir, a Pinot Meunier and a Chardonnay in order to understand their specificities and realize the potential of wines varieties that our appellation can offer, as well as a blending champagne to understand specificities of the mono-grape varieties
Price : Contact us