(4 persons : High season - 2 : low people)
Aÿ-Champagne experience invites you to participate in its oenotouristic escapes in the heart of a 100% Grand Cru Aÿ-Champagne vineyard with hillsides listed UNESCO World Heritage.
These guided walks are accessible to all, in the company of Isabelle, your private local guide.
Walking tour of the Aÿ-Champagne vineyard :
• Aÿ-Champagne historic village history
• Aÿ terroir 100% Grand Cru
• Unesco World Heritage Hillsides
• Explanation and demonstration of the work of the vines
• Champagne-making process
+ Champagne tasting at Cité du Champagne
CHAMPAGNE PICNIC EXPERIENCE
Possible in addition to all the half day tours
• Incomparable moment of discovery in the hillsides of Aÿ classified Unesco World Heritage site
• Unforgettable Champagne gourmet picnic among the vines* Grand cru with a bottle for two people of winegrower selected by me
* In case of bad weather, it will take place at the winegrower
Price : Contact us
Harvest time in Champagne : in an convivial and authentic atmoshpere, live the harvest in private in the exceptional Aÿ-Champagne vineyard 100% Grand Cru listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Exclusive experience in half a day
(10am - 12.30pm or 2pm - 4.30pm)*
• Harvest discovery and grapes picking immersion in the heart of the vineyard
• Discover of an Aÿ vineyard, terroir 100% Grand Cru classified Unesco World Heritage
• At the winegrower : visit the press, champagne-making process, champagne tastings
Extra during the day
(10am - 4.30pm)*
• Winemaker's lunch "Casse-croûte" with a bottle of champagne for 2 persons
• Discovery tour of the historic village of Aÿ and all its treasures
• Private tour of the abbey Church Dom Pérignon Hautvillers
Possible pick up and drop off from the place of your convenience (from hotels, bed & breakfasts, champagne houses, museums, restaurants, tourist offices) or at a meeting point in Aÿ train station car park.
* Timetable of tours corresponds to the arrival and departure of the trains Paris/Épernay
Aÿ-Champagne Experience invites you to participate in tasting workshops, convivial moments of exchange, discoveries and pleasures shared at the School of Champagne Wines in Aÿ-Champagne.
Price : Contact us
Private discovery guided tour of the historic village of Aÿ and its vineyard listed UNESCO World Heritage site (1h30)
Tasting experiences at the School of Champagne Wines in Aÿ (2h) :
Discover Champagnes Wines : "The 3 varieties" or "The 3 grape varieties ant the blend"
• Presentation of the Champagne region and its unique characteristics (climate, subsoil, different grape varieties...), and the different actors that produce grapes and wines in Champagne
• Commented tasting of 3 or 4 champagnes : a Pinot Noir, a Pinot Meunier and a Chardonnay in order to understand their specificities and realize the potential of wines varieties that our appellation can offer, as well as a blending champagne to understand specificities of the mono-grape varieties