Champagne in a nutshell
The Champagne Appellation is made up of 319 villages spread between the Montagne de Reims, Vallée de la Marne, Côte des Blancs, Côte des Bars and Côte de Sézanne.
The Crus of Champagne :
- 17 villages are classified Grand cru
- 42 villages are classified Premier cru
The 3 main grape varieties grown in Champagne :
- Pinot noir
- Pinot meunier
The Champagne producers includes :
- 397 Champagne Houses
- 15,800 families of winegrowers including 4,800 independent producers
- 132 cooperatives
Champagne with its 34,000 ha produces approximately 300 million bottles of Champagne each year.
- Epernay is the Capital of the Champagne vineyards, Reims is more the economic Capital of the region.
- Hautvillers is called the “cradle of Champagne” thanks to Dom Pérignon and Aÿ was the main center of the Champagne wine industry in the 16th century.
- The region includes many sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List including Avenue de Champagne in Épernay, Cathedral of Reims and the Champagne Historical Hillsides, Houses and Cellars.
How to visit Champagne ?
You will find below some transport proposals to reach us in Champagne.
Less than 1h30 from Paris, our beautiful region is very easily accessible thanks to the Reims Center,
Champagne-Ardenne TGV (15 min. from Reims) and Epernay train stations.
You can also reach us by car or taxi.
From Paris Gare de l’Est to Reims :
- Arrival at the Reims Center station (48 min. by direct TGV)
- Arrival at the Champagne-Ardenne TGV station in Bezannes at 15 min. from Reims (40 min. by direct TGV)
From Paris Gare de l’Est to Epernay:
- Arrival at Epernay station (1h20 by direct TER)
From Reims Center to Epernay :
- Arrival at Epernay station (27 min. by direct TER)
We advise you to consult the timetables and book your tickets on the official French railway website: https://www.sncf-connect.com
From Paris, the journey by car to Epernay is a minimum of 1h30 depending on road traffic.
From Reims, the drive to Epernay is very easy and takes around 35 minutes.
We invite you to see directly with the concierges of your hotels to organize your transport by taxi.
Choose your tour
Full day tours
Gold Champagne Experience
Private or small group
Half day tours
THE Must Sees +
THE Must Sees